Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Love Travels Forever by Jaye Frances: Guest Post & Excerpt



 





Thank you, Laurie, for hosting me today on Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews with my new release Love Travels Forever. The book is a collection of my favorite short stories and essays, exploring the boundaries of courage, the joy of romance, and the enthusiasm of young love. In “Life Is Too Short For Regrets,” you’ll meet two lifelong friends meeting up for a girls’ weekend before one of them heads off on a family vacation. As they catch up and reminisce, a life-changing secret is revealed.
 
 

 

Before checking in at our hotel, we decided to stop for dinner. As we waited in the foyer for the hostess, I wrapped my arms around Cassie and gave her a hug. From her reaction, I knew something was wrong. But before I could ask, we were on our way to the table, both of us trying to hold back the laughter as we drew obvious stares from those uncomfortable with a pair of hand-holding girlfriends.
 

The wine and conversation went on for hours, the two of us completely absorbed in the memories of a lifelong friendship. Eventually, our reminiscing brought us to the present, and with words no longer necessary, we settled into the moment of simply enjoying each other’s company. Wanting to connect with her, to let her know how much I had missed her, I reached out and touched the side of her cheek. As she nestled into me, she closed her eyes and whispered. “I have something to tell you.” I could sense she was trying to be nonchalant, but a quivering voice betrayed her. “I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer four months ago.”
 

I sat there, unable to speak, the dinner I had just raved about threating to come up. Finally, I realized Cassie was dabbing my tears with her napkin.


“You’re not allowed to cry,” she protested. “I’m the privileged one here, so stop it!”
 

With my voice breaking, I barely got it out. “And the treatment . . . how’s it going?”
 

Cassie shook her head. “It was too advanced.”
 

“That’s total crap! There’s always something you can do.”


She began stroking my hair. “And I’m doing it, by taking the next six months to squeeze everything I can from the time that’s left.”
 

“Six months?” It sounded like a death sentence, and I immediately wished I could take it back.
 

That’s when I saw it—that familiar sense of raw spirit that had always beamed from Cassie’s eyes. “Don’t become one of those people,” she warned. She drew her lips into a mock smile. “It’s funny how differently some people treat me now. They think they might bruise me with the wrong words, so they talk a little slower, choosing what they say very carefully.” She pulled back from me just long enough to squint her eyes. “But I expect way more from you.”
 

I tried to imagine our situations reversed—what I would want from a best friend if I only had six months to finish my life. I decided right then and there to drop any pretense. Cassie deserved the real me, not some sympathy-driven puppet. My question came without hesitation. “Any regrets?”
 

                                                
 

In Love Travels Forever, Jaye Frances captures the reader’s heart with an inspiring collection of seventeen stories filled with romance and passion, the hopeful innocence of youth, and a love so strong that it transcends the mortality of life. Here are just a few of the people you’ll meet:

 

Evan and Frankie, a loving couple traveling through life hand-in-hand, are unaware that the shadow of fate is about to tear them apart. Helpless to change their shortened future together, one of them makes a promise—a promise of devotion and courage, honoring a love that surpasses the boundaries of time.
 

Mark and Janice, the perfect couple with the perfect life, are on the threshold of finally seeing their dreams come true—until an unexpected circumstance changes their lives forever.
 

Danny, a young soldier fresh out of boot-camp, is desperate to find a way to travel home and marry his sweetheart before being shipped overseas. Stranded in a train station on a three day pass with no hope in sight, Danny meets Wanda, an incredible woman who vows to find a way to bring Danny and his fiance together.
 

Nora and Georgia are two eight-year-old best friends who share giggles, dolls, and secrets. But when one of them faces sudden danger, the other responds with an unconditional act of love and forges a lifelong bond between them unaffected by fear or prejudice.
 

So find a quiet spot, get comfy, and grab a box of Kleenex. You’re about to take an unforgettable journey of the heart, to a place where compassion and hope have no limits, and where love continues to travel forever.

Love Travels Forever  is available now

 in kindle eBook on Amazon for $1.99
 
 
 
 
 

Jaye Frances is the author of The Kure, a paranormal-occult romance novel, The Possibilities of Amy, a coming-of-age romance novella, The Cruise-All That Glitters, a humorous adult satire about looking for love at sea, and The Beach, a sci-fi fantasy about a man who is given the opportunity to receive his ultimate wish and lives to regret it.  She is also a featured columnist for the NUSA SUN magazine. Born in the Midwest, Jaye readily admits that her life’s destination has been the result of an open mind and a curiosity about all things irreverent. When she’s not consumed by her writing, Jaye enjoys cooking, traveling to all places tropical and “beachy” and taking pictures—lots of pictures—many of which find their way to her website. Jaye lives on the central gulf coast of Florida, sharing her home with one husband, six computers, four cameras, and several hundred pairs of shoes. For more information, visit Jaye’s website at www.jayefrances.com, or Jaye’s Blog at http://blog.jayefrances.com
 
 
Enter for a chance to win a kindle formatted copy of Love Travels Forever.
Comment on this post for a bonus entry.
Like Jaye on Facebook for another bonus entry.
 

5 comments:

Zed... said...

Thank you for the giveaway (:

Jaye Frances said...

Thanks for dropping by, and good luck!

bn100 said...

This sounds good.

Cherie Montorio said...

You sound like a great Author... Good luck :)

Farhana said...

Thank you for the giveaway