Sunday, December 2, 2012

For Desire Alone by Jess Michaels: Interview

 


 


 
Behind their passion lurks a dark truth that could destroy their love.
 
Mistress Matchmaker, Book 2
 
A mistress should never be foolish enough to fall in love with her protector, nor trust him with her financial future. Mariah Desmond did both, and now her dearly departed protector has left her with nothing.


Forced to seek another protector, she’s determined that this time, she’ll lead with her survival instinct—not her heart. But when she attends one of Vivien Manning’s infamous parties, the familiar face of her late lover’s best friend throws her for a loop.


A painful past taught John Rycroft that he’s not fit to be anyone’s knight in shining armor. His soft spot—make that a hard spot—for Mariah is precisely why he’s kept his distance. Yet the sight of her flirting with a bevy of men vying to become her next lover makes something inside him snap.


As John hauls her bodily away from her suitors, Mariah’s indignation melts away in the heat of the sizzling sexual chemistry. She quickly finds it isn’t easy to navigate John’s stormy emotional waters. Especially when his abusive father’s quest to get his son back under his thumb puts her life in danger.


Warning: Contains intensely sexy scenes of two people falling into bed (a lot) and in love.  17+ Mature Readers





 

Welcome Jess.  It's great to have you as my guest today.  Thanks for stopping by, and agreeing to answer a few of my questions.  Tell us about your current release.

 

FOR DESIRE ALONE is an erotic historical romance that is the second in my Mistress Matchmaker series, although you don't have to read the first, AN INTRODUCTION TO PLEASURE to enjoy this story. In this story my heroine, Mariah, has been with my hero John's best friend for years. But when he dies and leaves Mariah destitute, she has no choice but look for a new protector. There has always been an attraction between the two and they enter into a passionate affair. Only a secret from his past could threaten their love... and her life. It will be out November 5 from Samhain Publishing.


What was your first sale as an author?

 

In 2004, I sold my first historical romance to Avon/HarperCollins under my Jenna Petersen name. My debut, SCANDALOUS, came out in October 2005. It was so exciting, my agent called and I honestly thought she was kidding. I mean, of course she would never do it, but in my shock that was where I went. We still laugh about it.


How do you describe your writing style?

 

I write sensual, dark and emotional romances. I hope to make readers cry and also get a little hot and bothered. Or a lot hot and bothered.


As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

 

I actually always wanted to be a writer. I never thought that would happen and went to school to get a degree in Psychology. I intended to continue on to get my Masters and become a counselor, but my husband encouraged me to write full-time. So I took that leap and have never looked back. So dreams do come true!!

 

What are you passionate about these days?

 

Right now I'm probably most passionate about my family. My husband and I just recently moved to Tucson. We're both working from home, so we're getting to spend a lot of time together, which I love. And we're close to my wonderful brother-in-law and sister-in-law, who are friends as well as family. They have two little boys, our nephews and being able to spend time with them and be any kind of influence on their lives at all is such a gift for us. We lived in a place with no family around for so long, so it's really been lovely this last year.

 

What are the most important attributes for remaining sane as a writer?

 

First, love the writing. It's really the only thing we, as writers, can control. Then, don't ask for trouble by checking reviews too closely or responding to blogs or getting too wrapped up in good or bad news. The publishing world is so up and down that if you ride those waves with too much intensity you'll burn out. I love writing and I'm really trying to enjoy the rest of the ride. I'll let you know if I ever figure out how...

 
 




Jess Michaels writes award-winning and nationally bestselling erotic historical romance set in the Regency period. She has been writing since 1999 when her husband told her she was only happy when she was writing and she should do that. Since then she has published or contracted 37 books under several names. She lives in Tucson, AZ with her awesome husband and two cats. She likes reading good books, playing video games, hanging out with her nephews and exploring her new hometown. You can find her @jennaromance on Twitter, on Facebook and at www.jennaromance.com.


Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook


Enter for a chance to win a PRINT copy of Nothing Denied.
Open to US shipping.
Comment on this post for a bonus entry.
Follow the author on Twitter for another bonus entry.
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew, sounds pretty hot! Liene @ LLucane at yahoo dot com