Thursday, December 20, 2012

Burning Bridges by Nadege Richards : Tens List Guest Post: Juniper Grove Book Solutions

 





What are 10 items are on your bucket list?
 

Surprisingly, I’ve never been asked this question. I’m not the kind of person to write out a bucket list and save it for safekeeping, but it’s definitely a list I’ve thought about often. I’m a dreamer by nature, so my list could probably stretch miles! But I’ll somehow manage it down to 10. We’ll see!

 

1.  Become a New York or USA Today bestseller

 

I think this is a lot of authors’ deepest desire. There’s nothing like seeing your book, your baby, hit number one. It takes a lot of time and dedication—especially for an Indie author—but once you’ve reached that peak I believe anything is possible. Getting to that point is fighting through the good and the bad, the harsh criticism and the words that want to make you stop writing altogether. It’s a battle, and being a bestseller is only the beginning of the perks to being a victor.

 

2.   Open my own bookstore

 

This idea probably came to me when I heard news of my local Borders closing down. As much as I love B&N, Borders was a second home for me. And the books were a lot cheaper! I love books, all books, so to be able to work with them would be heaven on earth for me. Having a little shop of my own to not only display my books but to meet new people and authors is very convenient. I’ve also wanted to try my hand with marketing sometime soon.

 
3.     Go skydiving

 

I’m an adrenaline junkie, I’m not going to lie. But I assure you my addiction is legal! From the time I see a roller coaster, I get excited. In every theme park I’ve ever been to I’ve made sure I’ve ridden every roller coater there is. It’s that ‘out of body’ feeling I enjoy, that moment when you can’t even catch your breath. I’m a dare devil, and I revel in it.

 

4.      Write for a magazine

 

This idea is spontaneous. For the most part I think it’s because I dream of working in that ‘office atmosphere’. The pencil skirts, the deadlines, the meetings—I want it all!  I’ve written for newspapers, but it isn’t the same. It’s not something I want as a career necessarily, but something I want to experience. If only for an internship.

 

5.    Seeing one of my works hit the Big Screen

 

This is all the rave right now—your favorite book becoming a movie. The thought does scare me a little, especially since not all books-to-movies will be a success. But it’s definitely a dream of mine. I’m hopeful!

 

6.     Establish a non-profit organization that donates books to children around the world

 

This is a far stretch, and I know this. But with everything going on in the world right now I feel like everyone could use a good book, if only one. I can truthfully say that books have provided an escape route from reality for me in the past four years and with kids whose reality is far graver than mine…I’d want nothing more than to offer them a way out as well. Books incite dreaming and to dream means to live, to endeavor.

 
7.  Never stop writing

 

With me this is a big one. As mentioned, I’m a dreamer. There have come times when people have tried to burst my bubble and I think having “this wasn’t worth the read” shoved in your face quite a bit can become discouraging. But I’m also very stubborn, always have been, so I’ll be writing as long as I have a conscious mind.

 

8.    Own over 5,000 books (paperback and hardcover)

 

My collection of books right now is fairly small since I only discovered my love for reading four years ago, but it’s been a dream of mine to have an actual library in my home. I’ve never thrown a single book away and that alone is unfathomable. I treasure my books a lot, maybe more than my words can express to you.

 
9.    Become a professional reader

 

I work with two blogs right now and I started about two years ago. I blog in the sense that I read books, review them, and interview their author(s). Since becoming a blogger I’ve met so much people and rely fully on so many. The blogs aren’t small, but neither are they big. They’re home for me, but I do wish to become a professional reader someday and read those hot new releases before they hit the shelves! I do get my hand of ARCs, though, which in and of itself is AMAZING.

 

10.  Travel

 

This is probably the utmost important one, even though I have it as number ten. I haven’t traveled too much since still being in school, but it’s a deep, burning wish of mine! The first place I’d probably visit is Hawaii and then Greece. I have a novel sitting on the back burner that takes place in Greece, but it just wouldn’t be the same if I didn’t visit Athens and feel things out singlehandedly. From there I’d go to South Africa and then to Spain, England to France, and Bulgaria to Romania. I’m a ‘get up and go’ kind of person, so I definitely see myself traveling the world in the next fifteen years.







 Title: Burning Bridges

Series: The Bleeding Heart Trilogy # 1

Author: Nadège Richards

Published: Self-Published – July 14th, 2012

Word Count: 93,000

Genre: YA Dystopia

Recommended Age: 16+

 

Synopsis:

Do or Die...

In a world that has been divided amongst the Hunter race and the Warrior, prisoners who have fallen prey to King Cyrus' decrees are forced into the arena to fight until death. Winner is granted mercy and privilege to see another sunrise. Death unto the weak. In an attempt to get back at everyone who has ever shut her out, seventeen year-old Princess Echo becomes another victim, dragging Ayden, her forbidden love, along in a race to freedom, to find out who she really is, and to put a world that has been swallowed by lies back together again.

In the first installment of The Bleeding Heart Trilogy, life becomes a dangerous game of kill or be killed, love or let go. When death threatens the forbidden love of an unlikely couple and they are forced to do the unthinkable, to what extent will they go to be together?




 
I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, I was going to die tonight. There was no escaping it or any way around it. I couldn’t run from my destiny this time; I couldn’t hide. No, tonight I faced my fate in the chambers of death. The screams of the crowd in the arena filled my ears, the shouts of excitement and laughter boiling my heart down to nothing but untainted sorrow. I refused to open my eyes, but I could sense where I was by that rusty smell of metal and dried blood Father brought home with him every day. The shackles that bound my ankles and wrists to the wall confirmed it. I was a prisoner in my own home, my own Haven. I couldn’t fathom how in forty-eight hours my life had taken a complete three-sixty spin, but here I was, locked in the dungeon of my father’s kingdom, hidden from the world until it was my time to surface.

 
 


 


Born in New York City and raised in Pennsylvania, Nadege has traveled to five other states and two countries, but aspires to travel the world some day. Her name is of French origin, though she's never been to France. Forever a lover of art and all things pertaining to Literature, she hopes to obtain knowledge from her writing career, rather than popularity or fame. She wrote her first story about aliens and goats in the 8th grade and has had a passion for story-telling ever since. Her friends and family are her biggest inspiration, and the occasional cup of coffee. She enjoys being part of the Indie community and sharing her stories with the world.

 


 

 AND CHECK IT OUT! THE SECOND BOOK IN THIS SERIES  JUST RELEASED!!


 

Title: Deceiving Destiny

Series: The Bleeding Heart Trilogy # 2

Release Date: December 22nd, 2012

 

Synopsis:

When your destiny lies in the hands of your enemy, there’s only one thing you won’t do to save the ones you love...

Now free from the walls that confine New Haven, the place she had once believed to be her home, Echo must find a way to put an end to a war only she has the power to stop. She has yet to discover her true abilities as a hybrid leader, but what happens when the dreams that plague her become something more? Someone more? In the midst of exploring her love for Ayden and venturing through forbidden lands for a key that will explain everything, Echo finds Kahl—the boy that haunts her in her sleep, yet has the hidden answers she seeks. And Echo will do just about anything to get them.

In the second installment of The Bleeding Heart Trilogy, relationships are put to the test, dreams become desires, and ultimately one girl will discover her purpose in a promised legend written in stone.





 
 
Giveaway Details:

There is a tour wide giveaway – open World Wide! Prizes include the following:

  • 5 Signed Print Copies of Burning Bridges
  • 2 eBook Copies of Burning Bridges
  • 1 Signed ARC of Deceiving Destiny
  • 1 Burning Bridges T-Shirt
  • 2 Burning Bridges Book Charms 



Post a Comment