Friday, November 16, 2012

The Truths about Dating and Mating Book Tour by Jaycee DeLorenzo: Character Interview & Tens List: Promotional Book Tours

 


 

The Truths about Dating and Mating
Author:  Jaycee DeLorenzo
Release Date:  November 21, 2012
Spunky Italian coed Ivy Rossini likes to talk and push the boundaries. She gets to do both as she co-hosts Riordan College’s radio program, The Truths about Dating and Mating, alongside her lifelong best friend, Ian Hollister.

Being the only girl who cares to see beyond Ian’s bad boy reputation has its advantages, especially when he’s scaring off the jerks who just want to nail the campus sex-guru. It’s when he’s “protecting” her from the advances she welcomes that she wants to lob him over the head and tell him to butt out. But Ivy’s feels like she’s the one who’s taken a hit when Ian almost kisses her at a party. She knows she should feel relieved when he pulls away, so why is she disappointed instead?

What’s worse, Ivy’s now getting aroused by Ian’s slightest touch and can’t stop entertaining thoughts of a romantic future. But Ian doesn’t do relationships, and she’s not interested in anything casual. In the end, Ivy decides it’s best to keep her growing feelings a secret and hope they’ll pass. However, when Ian begins hinting at wanting to take things to the next level, she’s forced to decide if a chance at something more is worth risking everything they’ve built.

With their friendship and her heart hanging in the balance, can Ivy follow the advice she and Ian give their listeners - to communicate, be honest, and trust in themselves - or will insecurity, stubbornness, and pride ruin any chance of their relationship getting off the ground?
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
Character Interview: Ivy Rossini
What would we find under your bed?
My grumpy cat, Pandora, whose mission in life is to save the world from rolled-up socks.
What is your favorite meal?I hate to admit it to my mom, since I tease her so much about it, but I’m a huge fan of her “How to Get a Man” dinner: Lasagna, Cioppino, Antipasto, and flourless chocolate cake. Of course, these days, I’m a fan of anything that isn’t cooked in the microwave or made in the student union.
Who is your favorite author?Jane Austen. I love Pride and Prejudice, and like to host 3-P parties: Popcorn, Pedicures and Pride & Prejudice. Wait, that’s 4 P’s, isn’t it?
Tell us about your family:My dad left when I was really young, so I was raised by my mother and my paternal grandmother. Nonni took us in after Dad left, even though she disapproved of my mother’s hell-raiser lifestyle. Mom encouraged me to push the boundaries and stand up for what I believed in, while my Nonni was a very no-nonsense Italian matriarch, who believed I needed firm limits. I say was because she passed on a few years ago. As you can guess, I had two very opposing forces influencing me, but I like to think I came out of that house with the best qualities of them both. And, fine, I took on some of their less-desirable qualities, but having faults is what makes us human, right?
What are you passionate about these days?Helping others by educating them about their sexual health. And Ian.
What book are you reading now?
The Best of American Erotica 2008: The 15th Anniversary Edition by Susie Bright. What? Don’t look at me like that. It’s research
 
 
 
Jaycee’s Ten Favorite Book Series:
  1. The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning
  2. The Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill
  3. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine
  4. The Night Huntress Books by Jeaniene Frost
  5. The Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
  6. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
  7. The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling
  8. The Sookie Stackhouse Books by Charlaine Harris
  9. The Secret Society Girl books by Diana Peterfreund
  10. My Blood Approves series by Amanda Hocking
Yes, most of these are vampire books, which I really love to read, but I don’t write them.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Jaycee DeLorenzo hails from Tucson, Arizona, on the outskirts of the Saguaro National Park – which she believes to be the most beautiful spread of desert in the world.  By day, Jaycee is an English language teacher to elementary students. By night, she’s a wife, mother, writer, cover artist, website designer, and blogger.  In her spare time, she enjoys reading, cooking, singing (very poorly), catching up on her favorite T.V. shows, and researching.
The Truths about Dating and Mating is Jaycee's debut novel, and the first in a series centering around students of the fictitious Riordan College.

Find me on the web:

Website  |  Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook 

 



a Rafflecopter giveaway


6 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Excellent interview, and I love the top ten list, too! :D

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

Great interview, she sounds like an interesting character!

Sharon Bayliss said...

How fun! Thanks for the great post.

Jackie said...

Awesome interview with Ivy. Great answer for her fave meal... "How to Get a Man" dinner! That cracked me up!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I have never read "Pride and Prejudice". I suppose I should add it to my read list.

Cherie Reich said...

Great interview! And I love your top ten list!