Friday, November 23, 2012

The Salacious Marny Ottwiler by Bridget Straub: Interview : Black Lion Tour Stop

 


 

Release Date: November 25, 2012
Genre: Contemporary/Chick Lit 
Formats: Paperback/Kindle
 
After several years of living life in the fast lane, bestselling novelist Marny Ottwiler vows to take control of the chaos that has invaded her everyday existence. This proves to be easier said than done. Over the next year she rides a roller coaster of experiences that are chronicled in hilarious detail. Follow along as she navigates through fame, family, friendships, and the writing of her next blockbuster series of books. Oh yeah, and the choice she has to make between two loves.
 
 
 
 


Welcome!  Thanks for stopping in today and agreeing to answer a few of my questions.  I'm thrilled with this opportunity to find out a little about you.  How did you start your writing career?

I always knew I wanted to be a writer. I used to tell my younger sister stories every night before we went to sleep. When I was nineteen, I wrote my first novel, “ 4U2NYT”. The title was the license plate of the main character’s love interest.

Where do you dream of traveling to and why?

I’d like to travel through much of Europe. I love all of the old world architecture. Also, I think it could only serve to feed my imagination and make me that much better at telling a story.

Does travel play in the writing of your books?

It does, especially in “The Salacious Marny Ottwiler”. Marny travels quite a bit and it was fun to travel along.

Tell us about your current release.

Marny Ottwiler is a bestselling author whose life has become completely unmanageable. It feels as though everyone has an opinion as to what she should do next, but she hasn’t a clue. Over the course of a year, she does her best to grab hold of the reins, slow down and regain control, but it is often done with hilarious results.

Tell us about your next release.

I’m torn as to which book to release next, I have two I could choose from. One is “Fingers Crossed”, about three friends who are each in complicated marriages. The main character thinks her marriage is fine but her confidence is questioned by her friends. The other is called “If By Chance”, and is told through the eyes of an eighteen year old girl throughout the week her mother marries a superstar.

Has someone been instrumental in inspiring you as a writer?

In high school, I had an English teacher named Paul August who not only encouraged me, but who had not given up on his dream of being a singer/songwriter.  As someone who hated school, his support meant a lot.

Has someone helped or mentored you in your writing career?

My sisters have been my greatest audience and always encouraged me to keep writing. If it weren’t for them I’d have given up and never had the confidence to publish anything. My mother was also really supportive, but unfortunately she passed away a long time ago.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Bridget Straub is an author, artist and mom who has been writing for as long as she can remember. When she’s not blogging at bridgetstraub.com she is painting or spending time with her family. “The Salacious Marny Ottwiler” is Ms. Straub’s third novel. Also available, “On a Hot August Afternoon” and “Searching for My Wand”.





 

Nov 19 - Black Lion Tour Blog/introduction

Nov 21 - Books, Books, the Magical Fruit/interview

Nov 23 - Laurie's Non-Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews/interview

Nov 26 - Melissa's Midnight Musings/guest post

Nov 29 - MK McClintock Blog/guest post

Nov 30 - Caroline Clemmons Blog/interview

Dec 5 - Romance Meets Life/Top Ten List

Dec 9 - A Novel Idea Live/live interview (airs 1:00 PM MST)

Dec 10 - A Novel Idea Live/guest post

Dec 11 - The Bunny's Review/Top Ten List

Dec 13 - My Devotional Thoughts/guest post and review

Dec 14 - Black Lion Tour Blog/wrap-up
 
 
 
One copy of the book and a $5 Amazon Gift Card to one randomly drawn commenter at the end of the tour.

 

3 comments:

Black Lion Virtual Book Tours said...

Thank you for hosting on this tour Laurie!

MK said...

It sounds like you have a lot of fun with your characters and your two new books sound great.

Do you have any of your own real-life anecdotes incorporated into this book?

Caroline Clemmons said...

sounds like a fun book, Bridget. I look forward to getting to know you better when you visit my blog next week.