Monday, March 12, 2012

Quick Kill by Patricia McCallum: My Review

Quick Kill
Someone is brutally murdering innocent women in downtown Toronto. Sassy Detective Sydney Granger and her playful partner Mike Stanza are on the case. With no witnesses, prints, or clues connecting any of the crime scenes, apprehending the vicious killer seems remote. Then, Sydney makes a chilling discovery that blows the case wide open.

A light, fun, and fast paced mystery.






My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a fun read for me. I loved the relationship between the partners, Sydney and Mike. They were funny and quirky. There are several victims in this story, and we get of glimpse into the lives of most of them before they die. It was disconcerting for me at first, but then the style became more familiar, and I think the manner of telling became just as interesting to me as the mystery. The perpetrator also enjoys the spotlight as we get into his head, too. The word ‘creepy’ best describes this unbalanced “Mama’s Boy”. I enjoyed the story and felt that the pacing throughout the book was just right when combined with the light tone that dominated it. I found the banter between the partners, and, especially, Sydney’s internal thoughts highly amusing.

Reviewed by Laurie-J


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Mirjam said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!