Saturday, January 28, 2012

Westmore: The Aftermath by Carol Cassada - Interview, Excerpt | Featured Author | Contemporary Romance

Set in a small New England town, follow the lives of three families; The Greens, the Braxtons, and the Reynolds.

The Greens:

* Widowed matriarch Charlotte never thought she could find love again after the death of her husband Michael, until handsome Detective Bryant comes to her rescue.
* Youngest son Peter returns home from college with his new girlfriend, who's ten years older than him, and is a problem for Mama Charlotte.
* Scott and Alicia are singing siblings who are on their way to the top, until tragedy strikes one night.


The Braxtons:
* Andrew Braxton is a ruthless and powerful businessman who runs his household the same way he runs his company, with an iron fist. Upon learning his son Wayne plans on abandoning the family company, he'll do everything in his heart to stop him from leaving.


The Reynolds:

* After the divorce Laura Reynolds and her daughter Megan move back home with her father, where she plans to start life anew, but little does she know that it's not easy to escape your past.

Join them and other characters as they experience love, heartache, and ups and downs in their everyday lives.



Westmore: The Aftermath is the second volume in the series. The Westmore series is set in a fictional town and follows the lives of three families; The Greens, The Braxtons, and The Reynolds. 
Here's how the series starts:
Rachel Mitchell thought she had it all, a career as a fashion photographer, an apartment in New York City and a lawyer boyfriend. When her mother dies, Rachel goes home to be with her younger sisters and grandmother. The solemn event brings her back into contact with old boyfriend Cole. On her return to the big city, Rachel begins to question her life, and what can really make her happy. Will she find that true love and happiness can only be found when one is Going Home Again?



EXCERPT 
(from Westmore: The Aftermath)

Still trembling with shock, Wayne stumbled into the den, poured a glass of vodka, and downed the drink. He closed his eyes, but the images of the wrecked car flashed through his head. The thought of what happened to the passengers weighed heavily on his conscience, I should've helped them, but I didn't. How could I leave them?
     "Wayne is that you?" Elizabeth called down.
     "Go back to bed mom," he didn't want her to see him like this, but the sound of her slippers hitting the marble floor indicated she disobeyed his request.
     "I was worried about you," upon entering the room she noticed Wayne soaking wet and trembling.”What's wrong?"
     "Nothing," he shrugged off her concern.
     "Don't lie to me, you're shaking, now tell me what's wrong."
     He took a deep breath and wiped his face, "There was an accident."
     "Are you hurt?" she searched his face for any sign of injury.
     "I'm fine," he poured another round of vodka. "It's the others," he set the bottle down. "The other driver crashed into a tree."
     "Were they hurt?"
     "I don't know,” he raised his voice. “I fled the scene."
     "Why?" lightning flashed across the sky and a clap of thunder followed, startling her.
     "I caused the accident," he took a sip of vodka and collapsed in a chair. "I was angry about my fight with dad and I got too distracted. The next thing I remember I was in the other lane, on a head-on collision with the other driver." He clasped his hands together, "the car was a mess. I wanted to help, but I panicked and left. I don't even know if they're okay." With his sleeve he rubbed his forehead, "Mom, I don't know what to do. If the police ever find out..."
     "They won't,"
     "What do you mean?"
     Elizabeth couldn't bear the thought of seeing her son go to jail. "For the time being we're going to keep this quiet."
     "What about the other driver?"
     She knelt beside her son. "Until we know further details, I think it's best to keep this between us," she wrapped her hands around his.
     "But mom,"
     "No, buts, now go upstairs, dry off, and get some sleep."
     Although he disagreed with her decision, he reluctantly obeyed his mother's wishes.
     Elizabeth twiddled her silver locket, she was willing to do anything to protect her son, even if it meant breaking the law, she wasn't going to lose him, not now, not ever.



INTERVIEW
Do you listen to music while writing? If so what?
I always have music playing while I write because it helps get me into the creative mood. I’m a rock n’ roll girl, at the moment I’m into Boston, The Eagles, Foreigner, and Heart.
What are your favorite TV shows?
My current favorites are Criminal Minds and the new Hawaii Five-0. I also love The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad. Plus I like to watch re-runs of Married with Children, The Golden Girls, and I Love Lucy.
What is your favorite meal?
I’ve always loved pepperoni pizza, but I also love macaroni and cheese. Plus I have an enormous sweet tooth, so any dessert will do. 
Do you have any suggestions for beginning writers? If so, what are they?
The most important thing is don’t give up. As a newcomer myself, I’m learning how tough the industry is, with trying to get published and doing all the work and promotion yourself. It’s a pain in the butt, however if you’re passionate about writing, then you have to stick with it and keep going, cause eventually all your hard work will pay off.
How do you react to a bad review of your book?
I admit I’ve gotten a few bad reviews and it used to bother me, but I’ve learned to let it go. People differ in what they like, and that’s one of the things you have to accept. What matters most is that I love it and the readers like it. As long as they love my books, I’ll continue to write.
Who should play you in a film of your life? 
That’s tough, but I think Bryce Dallas Howard would be a good choice because of her appearance, plus she can capture my sweet and shy personality.

WHERE TO FIND AND CONNECT WITH CAROL

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

4 comments:

Eigen webwinkel said...

very good information you write it very clean. I’m very lucky to get this info from you.

Flash website said...

Very detailed info. I am very glad to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice articles.

Laurie said...

You're welcome! :) Thanks for stopping by.

Laurie said...

Thanks Eigen! Appreciate you dropping in.