Sunday, March 20, 2011

Author Spotlight Interview - Clarrissa Lee Moon

Laurie:  Welcome, Clarrissa and thank you for taking time out so we can talk briefly about a few things you have going on these days. Well, let’s jump right in.  Nightwolves Siren’s Song is your latest release in the Memoirs of the Nightwolves series. Tell us about it, please.

Clarrissa:  It’s a pivotal book for a series I plan on writing as a spin off from Memoirs of The Nightwolves based off of three characters in this particular book. It was also the hardest book to write for this series, so far, in that it has so many mental action sub-plots going on with many different characters. The first two books contain more physical action and then Nightwolves Siren’s Song sneaks up on you with all this mental action, instead. Emotions, past experiences influencing current attitudes, and mental stress are more the focus of this book, instead of the guns, bombs and fighting. Much harder to write so that the reader is kept involved in the story, so it was a challenge.

Laurie:  Wow, Clarrissa! That seems like quite a task you set for yourself. I haven’t read book 3, Siren’s Song, yet, but I have been hearing many positive comments about it. So, tell us, what’s up next for us to look forward to?.

Clarrissa:  Two books in this series will come out at the same time. Nightwolves Dawn to Dusk, a sort of semi-prequel, and Nightwolves Battle for Kla’din. Since Nightwolves Siren’s Song and the next two books are so interlinked they really need to come out at the same time for the reader to be completely enthralled with the storyline. Plus I am having a damn good time writing and don’t want to slow down.

Read a special "Sneak Peek"  Excerpt from Dawn to Dusk here.

Read a special "Sneak Peek"  Excerpt from Battle for Kla'din here.

Laurie: Thank you for the sneak peaks!!

 In the series, your Nightwolves get to travel around and have adventures in many different locales.  It’s always amazing and interesting.  Is any of that from actual personal experience?

Clarrissa:  Not a lot. In fact, Cat gets to do all the things I have never gotten to do. She always has all the fun.   :-)

 
Laurie:  Where do you dream of going if you could have unlimited travel opportunities?

Clarrissa:  I have always wanted to see Greece, Portugal, Italy and Japan. The richness of their histories has always been a big draw to me. I hope to see these places with my own eyes some day and see for myself what I have been reading about for years.

Laurie:  Who would you say is your favorite author?

Clarrissa:  I would have to say Shakespeare. He was and always will be an amazing writer.

Laurie:  What was your first sale as an author?                                       

Clarrissa:  Nightwolves Coalition. I sold my first book in July and it was a rush for me.

Laurie:  Tell us about your daily schedule.  What period of your normal day do you set aside for writing?

Clarrissa:  I usually get started around 6 pm and go all night long. Sometimes, I can’t seem to stop until 12 noon the next day. I catch some zee’s and then go right back at it at 6 pm again until the whole book is done. I think I am addicted to getting this story out, or something. LOL

Laurie:  What is the hardest part of writing your books?

Clarrissa:  Getting the details as precisely as I can for the missions. I want to keep things as realistic as possible since the story deals with so much fantasy. I feel that the missions and esoteric workings need to have a solid foundation in reality to make the story more believable and entertaining.

Laurie:  Where do you research for your books?

Clarrissa:  Everywhere! Internet, people who are in the military, and books. Plus, a lot of things are from actual personal experience and or schooling.

Laurie:  What does your significant other and family think of your writing career?

Clarrissa:  They think it is awesome. It is hard to get them to leave me alone long enough to write in peace, since most of the time they are breathing down my neck, reading as I type because they can’t wait to find out what happens next. I feel for them...really. NOT! LOL

Laurie:  Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and some dreams with us here today. I am so happy to have had this opportunity to find out more about your books and what motivates you to keep building the amazing world your characters inhabit.  

Best wishes in all your new endeavors and I wish you continued success in all you do.

Clarrissa:  Thanks Laurie.  I enjoyed this and always appreciate the opportunity to talk about my books.



Read my Review of Nightwolves Coalition here.

Read my Review of Nightwolves On The Prowl here.



BB Clarrissa visit my online pagan store at http://astralcrafts.theshoppe.com/index.html
Clarrissa Moon author of The Nightwolves Series and Celeste's Nites Novelette's at Amazon.com
http://clarrissamoon.blogspot.com/
Proud Member of Paranormal Romance Guild
http://www.paranormalromanceguild.com/




4 comments:

E.J. Stevens said...

Thank you Laurie and Clarissa for the wonderful interview!
xx,
E.J.
Paranormal Author E.J. Stevens
From the Shadows

Laurie said...

Hi EJ, Thanks so much for dropping by

black rose reviews said...

Thank you Clarissa and Laurie for this great interview. And Happy Birthday Clarissa.

Clarrissa Moon said...

Thanks for reading this. I appreciate it very much :-) Clarrissa